How much weight can you lose in a week, realistically. Well according to diet experts you can lose anywhere from 1-20 pounds depending on what kind of program you follow.
If you are trying to get skinny for that big event and you really need to shed some extra pounds then this is for you. Before reading on however, you should remember that long-term weight loss is always better than short-term weight loss, it is not only much more healthy, but way more effective too.
What Is Realistic?
Highest Possible – 10 – 20 Pounds
Most Realistic – 3 to 5 pounds
How To Lose 20 Pounds In One Week
Losing 20 pounds in one week is extremely difficult, although it is definitely not an impossible task. If you are really serious then here it is.
What you need to do:
1. You need a very strict eating plan. I recommend one by a qualified nutritionist, because you need all the help you can get. You will have to cut out many foods and drinks which you will like, but if you really want to fit into that special dress then you are going to have to make some sacrifice.
2. You need to do at least 1 hour of rigorous exercise per day. Without some good hard exercise there is no way you are going to succeed in burning 20 pounds. If you are really serious about your goal, then hire a personal trainer for a week. A personal trainer will optimize your routine for the best possible results and he/she will push you more than you can push yourself.
3. The best possible thing you could do would be sign-up to a 7-day weight loss boot camp where everything is controlled and monitored.
Honestly, without some professional help this goal may be near impossible to reach. Even with Professional help it is going to be extremely difficult, but not impossible.
How To Lose 3 To 5 Pounds In A Week?
How much weight can you realistically lose in one week without professional help? I would say 3 to 5 pounds is a good start.
Here is what you are going to need to do
1. Exercise everyday for at least 40-60 minutes. The more you exercise the more pounds you are going to lose in 7 days. Try cycling, walking, jogging, swimming, jump rope or any other cardiovascular activity.
2. Cut out any soft drinks or fruit juices. Drink water instead of sugary drinks, yes even fruit juice contains a ton of sugar which can easily turn into fat.
3. Eat 1020-1200 Calories per day. If you are going to lose weight in one week really fast then you have to control your calorie intake. If you don’t know anything about calories then read this article on calorie counting.
4. Don’t eat carbs after 3 o’clock. You need to eat carbs everyday, but don’t eat them in the afternoon or at night because they can easily turn into fat.
Losing 3-5 pounds in a week is no small feat, but if you are really serious, you can do it! Just remember with hard work comes big rewards.
Now you know the answer to how much weight can you lose in a week.