The best thing about homemade food is the freedom to choose the ingredients you are comfortable with. You can make healthy food with the best taste and have them healthy as you have control over everything. Here is a simple homemade yellow cake mix recipe.
Yield: 8 servings
What you need
Total Time: 40 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Bring the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13″ x 9″ cake pan with non-stick baking spray containing flour and set aside. You can also use two 8″ round cake pans.
- Transfer one portion of the cake mix into a large bowl.
- Using a spoon make a hole in centre of mix and add vanilla, oil, eggs, and milk.
- Place the mixture in an electric mixer and beat the mixture for one minute, at a slow speed until blended.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl increase the speed of the mixer to medium and beat 2 minutes longer at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pans and bake the layer cakes at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes for the 8” cake and 25-35 minutes for the 9″ x 13″
You can know if the cake is cooked if the cake springs back when pressed lightly in centre and begins to pull away from edges of pan