Vanilla has an irresistible taste that gets your taste buds calling out for more? Pamper your taste buds by having it in your cake using these amazing homemade vanilla cake recipes. It is surprisingly easy quick and to follow.
Serving: 1 round
What you need
- 4 1/2 oz cake flour
- 4 1/2 oz granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz unsalted butter (softened)
Total time: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Mix cake flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl, and have this as mixture A.
- Add butter in small chunks and mix with paddle until crumbly.
- Mix eggs, vegetable oil, whole milk and vanilla extract and whisk together with eggs, and have this as a mixture B
- Add 1/4 of mixture B to mixture A until moistened, place the mixture in an electric mixer and increase speed to medium high and mix for 2 minutes.After mixing, the cake batter will turn light and fluffy and lighten in colour.
- Add 1/2 of remaining mixture B and continue mixing on low speed and Scrape bowl.
- Add remaining mixture B and mix until combined. After combined, turn speed up to medium for 30 seconds.
- Bake at 335º in a prepared pan for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.