Spend a few minutes in the kitchen and come out with Crunchy, crispy and delicious cookies using simple homemade sugar cookies recipes.
How to Make Sugar Cookies At Home
Yield: 32 cookies
What you need:
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Colored sugars for decorating
Total time: 2 hrs
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter, sugar till fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Turn the mixer low and gradually add the flour mixture. Combine well.
- Divide dough into two and flatten into disks.
- Wrap each in plastic bag and freeze until firm or for twenty minutes.
- You can also place in a reseal able plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months. (Before use always thaw in refrigerator overnight).
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove one dough disk; roll out 1/8 inch thick between sheets of floured parchment. Cut shapes with cookie special cutters and transfer to the baking sheets. Repeat with remaining disks.
- Bake until edges are golden. Rotate through while baking.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate as desired.
You can choose to decorate or have then plain.
You can now enjoy your homemade sugar cookies with a cup of hot coffee.