There is something about strawberry that gets one’s mouth all watery, right? It has that taste you want to have in anything, especially in your cake. Having a thanksgiving lunch or dinner with your extended family over or a small party? Try one of these easy to follow homemade strawberry cake recipes and have your visitors drooling.
Yield: 1 cake
What you need:
- 1 yellow cake ( as per yellow cake recipe)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries (chopped and hulled)
- 1 cup strawberry buttercream
- 1/4 cup strawberry syrup ( as per strawberry syrup recipe)
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350º F.
- While removing any excess flour, Spray two 9-inches round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray or prepare with butter or shortening and flour.
- Stir the strawberry syrup into the cake batter and then gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide the batter between prepared cake pans and bake for 25 minutes until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Take it out of the oven and allow to rest in pans about 3-5 minutes, allowing it to cool completely.
- Frost it with strawberry buttercream frosting.
You got to love this.