Dressings form a great part of a meal. We have a collection of irresistibly delicious homemade dressing recipes!
Traditional Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Yield: 10 servings
What you need:
- 6 cups crumbled, cornbread
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cans chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon sage
- 2-5 cups herb stuffing mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 eggs boiled, then chopped
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Heat your oven to 45o degrees.
- Grease a medium baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium pan and sauté celery, onion until soft.
- Combine cornbread, black pepper, sage, celery, onions and bread in a large bowl.
- Stir in broth and beaten eggs into cornbread mixture and blend to fine texture.
- Stir in the chopped boiled eggs and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.