Love it natural? Then this homemade cranberry sauce recipe suits you best. Unlike the sugar sweetened sauce the sweetness comes from 100% pure maple syrup.
Yield: 4 servings
What you need
6 teaspoons orange juice (other options zest/lemon zest/ lemon juice)
1 cup cranberry juice (or any other juice e.g. orange, or apple)
1 bag (12.oz) of cranberries
1 cup pure maple syrup
Total time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes.
- Place the cranberries (washed under cool water) in a sauce pan.
- Pour 1 cup of cranberry juice or juice of your preference into the sauce pan.
- Add 1 cup of maple syrup.
- Add 3 tablespoons orange juice (other options – zest/lemon zest/ lemon juice) and stir the contents of the saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan on high heat to boil then turn to medium heat when rolling boil starts.
- Cook under medium heat for 10 minutes, until the juice is thick then turn off the heat. You can remove the foam to make it look good but it is not necessary.
- Transfer into a jar. Ready for serving.