Studies proving benefits of chocolate got all chocolate ‘lovers’ excited, but remember cocoa which is the main ingredient was behind most of these health benefits. Therefore, the other ingredients also determine the quality. What about making your own chocolate using ingredients that you are comfortable with? We got lots of interesting healthy homemade chocolate recipes!
Healthy Homemade Chocolate
Yield: 6 servings
What you need:
- 1 cup of cocoa butter
- ½ cup unprocessed honey
- 1 cup organic Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Almonds (optional)
- Mint or orange extract, optional
- Melt cocoa butter in a glass bowl. Place the bowl on small pan with water. Remove from heat when completely melted and add honey, vanilla, cocoa powder and other flavour extracts.
- Mix all ingredients to a smooth texture.
- Make sure no liquid gets into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet or a glass pan to harden for a few hours at room temperature. You can as well stick into the fridge to harden quickly.
- Can be refrigerated for longer.