Love chips but scared of the unhealthy part of it? Here is a healthier alternative to what you buy. Learn how to make healthy low fat and delicious oven chips from sweet potatoes or Irish potatoes. Follow this homemade chips recipe then add flavors of your own choice.
How to Make Homemade Chips
What you need
Irish or sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into large pieces
Assorted spices or mixed spices (optional): pesto, garlic, herbs, chilli powder, ginger powder
Soy sauce (optional)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Total time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Put salted water into a pan and add the potato pieces while cold.
- Under medium heat bring to boil and as soon as the chips have come to boil, drain them and transfer them into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the potato chips with olive oil and make sure they are well coated by turning them with a wooden spoon.
- Add any other desired ingredients: spices, soy sauce, cheese etc. And make sure the potato chips are well covered with whatever you add.
- Spread the chips on a baking tray and place them in an oven and cook at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, until they start getting crunchy and light brown. Serve hot!