Make an addition to your favourites by trying this exciting homemade carrot cake recipe. It has a classic taste that you can’t resist and incredible ease with preparation.
What you need
- 2 1/4 cups grated carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Total time: 75 minutes
Preparation time: 15
Baking time: 60 minutes
- Bring the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two 8-inch round baking pans.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixer and stir until the mixture is light yellow.
- Take another bowl and in it sift together baking soda, salt, nutmeg, flour and cinnamon.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly and gently add in the chopped walnut, grated carrot, pineapple chunks, raisins and granulated sugar.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold raisins, nuts, carrots, and pineapple.
- Divide the batter equally between two 8-inch pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover in cream cheese frosting.
So easy, right?