Sometimes you want to bake a cake but you can’t as you have very limited time? Say in the morning and you have to go to work or drop the kids to school on time? Here’s a solution for you! You can make a cake mix prior using our simple homemade cake mix recipes, have it stored and whenever you need to bake, it will take a very short time.
Yield: 6 cake mixes
What you need
- 4 Tablespoonfuls double acting baking powder
- 11/2 cup butter ( cold)
- 15 cups sifted flour
- 2 Tablespoonfuls salt
- 9 cups sugar
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Mix, in a big bowl, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder and have them blend.
- Take two cups of the flour mixture and together with small pieces of butter place in a food processor bowl for two minutes.
- Cover and process until the mixture is very fine, to ensure butter is well distributed in the flour mixture in order for the cake to have an even texture.
- Stir the remaining wheat flour in the bowl using a wire whisk.
- Divide the cake mix into three equal portions by scooping the mix into measuring cups and levelling off with the back of a knife.
- Place each portion into a quart glass jar or heavy duty zip lock plastic bags. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to a month, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Make baking an anytime thing by having a readymade homemade cake mix.
Homemade Cake Mix Recipes includes