Good thing about having it Alfredo sauce homemade is that its economical, you make it to you preferred consistency and taste. Try out this 30 minutes homemade Alfredo sauce recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
What you need
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or parmigiana-reggiano cheese (preferred)
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Put butter in a saucepan and melt it over medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t turn brown
- Add cream to the melted butter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the mixture over medium heat till it starts to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Withdraw the pan from the heat and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese blends well in the sauce
Your sauce is ready. It is best served with your favourite pasta.
***Recipes ideas to try using homemade Alfredo sauce
- Spicy shrimp alfredo with red peppers and mushrooms
- Alfredo chicken pizza
- Chicken alfredo potpies
- Tortellini alfredo with roasted pepper
- Chicken linguine with pesto sauce