Most of us enjoy pizza from a delivery man. You can however save that cash and enjoy a healthy tasty homemade pizza. There are several healthy easy homemade pizza recipes, let’s start with how to make a healthy Fontina, Caramelized-Onion, and pancetta Pizza at home
How to make a healthy Fontina, Caramelized-Onion, and pancetta Pizza at home
Each ingredient in this type of pizza contributes to its great taste with the pancetta giving it a savory taste and the onions making it sweet.
What you need;
2 1/4cups flour (all-purpose)
1 1/2teaspoons olive oil
1teaspoon dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
8 cups sliced onion
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
1 1/2 ounces pancetta (Italian-style bacon) or Canadian bacon, chopped
Cracked black pepper (optional)
1 Thyme sprigs (optional)
1 cooking spray
Preparation for homemade Fontina, Caramelized-Onion, and pancetta Pizza
Directions for the Dough:
- Dissolve both the yeast and sugar in 3/ 4 cup of water and leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon flour lightly into measuring cups (must be dry) then level ( you can use a knife)
- Add salt, oil and 2 cups of flour into yeast mixture and stir to make soft dough.
- Flour your surface lightly. Turn the dough out and place it on the floured surface then knead it until it its smooth and elastic.
- To prevent the dough from sticking on the surface, add adequate amount of the remaining flour (add a teaspoonful at a time).
- Coat a large bowl with cooking spray; place the dough in it, turning it on coat top
- Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place (85°) that is free from drafts for 40 minutes or till it has doubled in bulk.
- Gently punch dough down.
- Again cover it and let it rise 40 minutes or till it has doubled in bulk
- Divide dough into 2 (both portions must be equal); roll each portion on a lightly floured surface to make a 9-inch circle
- Place dough circles on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray and allow them to rest for around 10 minutes
Directions for PIZZA:
- As the dough is rising for the second time, put a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat temperature, add 1 teaspoon olive oil in and heat; add pancetta, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, thyme, salt and white pepper then cook 25 minutes or until onions are browned, keep stirring.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Brush each of the prepared pizza crust with 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil then top each with half of onion mixture.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over each of the pizzas.
- Bake at 475°for 9 minutes or till the crusts are crisp.
- Slice each pizza into 8 wedges.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with black pepper (optional)
There you go, with the Healthy Easy Tasty Homemade Pizza Recipes pizza is no longer a takeout staple.
Get to know how often you can take pizza to maintain a healthy weight calories in a slice of pizza