Cinnamon is a name that conceivably refers various species of trees together with the spice that some of them yield. They hail from the genus cinnamomum while their family is Lauraceae. Just a small number of them are usually meant for commercial spice. Cinnamon is seemingly among the healthiest and yummy spice on earth. It is linked to various health benefits such as mitigation of blood sugar diseases, heart disorders among other superfluous health benefits across the globe. Ceylon cinnamon is the best but in case you chose cassia variety ensure the consumption is in small doses. Below is detailed information pertaining to health benefits of cinnamon. To beITSgin with;
- Regulation of blood sugar-the cinnamaldehyde is a component of cinnamon that is very effective in ensuring a balance in the blood sugar level. This substance that is an extract from the Ceylon cinnamon Bark Oil is equally infallible when it comes to lowering the concentration of the plasma glucose. Generally cinnamon’s effect on blood sugar is similar to that of the ancient generation diabetes drugs. This makes it a perfect preference for pre diabetics. It is important to consult with the health care providers for the case of the severe type 2 diabetics before making any decision to take cinnamon.
- A remedy for the stomach bug – Cinnamon is a great anti – bacterial substance. This makes it an ideal cure for the terrible stomach disorder. It is infallible when it comes to combating Campylobacter, E-coli and In remedying adenovirus the Cinnamaldehyde that is extracted from the cinnamon Bark oil is effective.
. A Japanese study apparently showed it to cure ulcers but this cannot be verified. But if you do have stomach cramps or upsets, a cup of Cinnamon tea 2-3 times per day will dramatically reduce the pain. Some people have asked does cinnamon give you gas? No it does not. It actually helps reduce gas and bloating.
- Irritable bowel syndrome – since cinnamon is a great antibacterial it is therefore effective in destroying bacteria that cause infections thus induce healing to the infected stomach. This therefore relieves the victim of the effects of irritable feelings of bloating by prompting the gastric juice to function normally. Stomach cramps or upset will be a thing of the past if only you would stick to taking at least a cup of cinnamon 2-3 time on a daily basis.
- Candida yeast infections – The various infections that are medication resistant such as Escherichia coli bacteria and Candida albicans fungus are quite a threat to good health. Cinnamon oil has been scientifically approved to be very effective in fighting candida.On the other hand staging a successful fight against Candida infections and ensuring an enhanced immune system would call for the application of Real Ceylon Cinnamon Tea infused with Bark Oil.
- Cough, cold and sore throat – the anti-bacterial, and warming properties of cinnamon would mitigate any imminent illness in the tracks. Therefore in the event that one suffers itch or sniffles in the throat it is advisable to take cinnamon tea. Cinnamon also has the propensity to improve the flow of the blood hence enhancing blood oxygen levels that combats sickness.
- A cure for the Alzheimer’s disease – scientific studies have proved that an orally administered cinnamon is an ideal corrective measure for the cognitive impairments prompted by the Alzheimer’s disease in animals. It also prevents the growth of filamentous “tangels” that exist in the brain cells that is a manifestation of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Virus fighter – seemingly cinnamon is also an effective virus fighter. Scientifically it has been proved that procyanidin polymer an extract from cinnamon has the capacity to change HIV infected individuals into HIV controllers. That is those with the virus but cannot develop into full blown stage.
- Treatment to ADHD – due to its therapeutic nature cinnamon is used widely by the parents as a complementary treatment for their offspring who are the victims of ADHD or children that have exhibited symptoms of ADHD.
- Irritability reduction, depression and mood enhancer – the aromatic scent of the cinnamon has the ability to reduce the irritability thus enhancing the mood. It is also an effective remedy for depression since it is able to destroy some of the bacteria that are implicated to depression. This will generally enhance ones health.
- Loss of excess weight – Cassia cinnamon contains high amount of coumarin which is responsible for blood thinning thus improving the blood flow which is implicated to an enhanced metabolic activities. An improved metabolic activity will certainly aid in weight loss. Additionally it also acts as anti clotting agent in particularly the victims of heart disorders.
- Massage Therapy – the warming property of cinnamon makes it a good body relaxer and pain reliever. For the perfect result it should be combined with carrier oil. Adding a few drops in the bath will surely relax and sooth weary and paining muscles.
- Anti fungus – cinnamon is capable of providing protection against the infections from fungus such as athlete foot or toenail fungus. In this case cinnamon leaf oil is recommended as its best in tropical treatment. For effective result add a few drops of cinnamon leaf oil and soak the feet to heal the toenail fungus infections.
- Reduction of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides – the intake of cinnamon is statistically linked to the significant reduction in total level of cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL levels and by extension arise in good cholesterol levels. Statistically Triglyceride is reduced by 23-30%, LDL cholesterol by 7- 27% and total cholesterol by 12-27%.
Apparently the health benefits of cinnamon are uncountable. However, a precaution should be taken as the intake of cinnamon for weight loss may wreck havoc to the liver. This may put a person’s health at stake since liver plays various metabolic roles such as emulsification. Hence Consultation with the health care providers would be of essence.