Apart from being a healthier option ground turkey is also a convenient choice. There are numerous ground turkey recipes that are modified to fit anytime meal. Let’s start with a turkey chili recipe that will take you less than an hour.
Turkey Chili Recipe
Yield: 3-5 servings
What you need:
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 cups tomatoes (fire-roasted)
- 5 3-ounche Ancho chiles well rinsed and dried
- ½ large onion(white)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ pound cooked smoked turkey wings, skinless and boneless.(11/4 cups)
- 2 pounds ground dark turkey meat
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can of pink beans
- Sour cream and cilantro for serving
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Make the flavour base by assembling the Ancho chiles, tomatoes, cinnamon, oregano, cumin, onion, garlic, the broth, salt, pepper and oil together.
- Remove seeds and stems from chiles and tear them into large pieces. Now blend them with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Put the mixture in a pan and simmer over medium heat until thick and slightly darkened. Stir continuously for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil in a large pan and add the ground turkey. Cook through, breaking meat up for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, smoked turkey, beans and the remaining 1 cup of broth. Simmer till slightly thickened.
- Season with pepper and salt.