Does ground beef sound so ordinary? We say cooking is an art, you can choose to make it interesting and come up with great ideas and fantastic results. There are so many ground beef recipes that will help you come up with easy tasty breakfast, simple delicious lunch and quick tasty dinner ideas.
Well, let’s start with Beefy Calzones- an amazing easy ground beef recipe.
How to Make Beefy Calzones
Yield: 4 servings
What you need:
1/2 pound lean ground beef
2 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
1medium size onion, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper, finely chopped
1/2 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
Total Time: 45m
Prep: 20 m
Cook: 25 m
- Put beef, onion, pepper and garlic in a large skillet and cook over a medium-high heat, keep stirring to break up the meat. Cook until beef pink colour has faded then drain.
- Keep warm.
- Put tomato sauce, steak sauce and Italian seasoning in small skillet and heat over medium-high heat till it boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until it has slightly thickened.
- Mix half cup of tomato sauce mixture and beef mixture then set aside. Make sure the remaining tomato sauce mixture is kept warm.
- Open one package of pizza dough and divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each of the pizza dough pieces into 6 square.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the remaining beef mixture onto centre of each square.
- Top with ¼ cup cheese.
- Fold the pizza dough to form a triangle.
- Press edges together, sealing well (you can use tines of a fork)
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining dough, filling & cheese to make a total of 4 calzones.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400º or until golden brown.
- Serve (you can serve with warm sauce)
There you go! With this and many more exciting ground beef recipes you will love ground beef more.