It’s time you stopped relying on commercial spaghetti sauces because actually, you can make one and make it so perfectly that you will wonder why you ever in your life place a spaghetti sauce pack in to your shopping basket. This easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is what you have missed all along. Simple, quick and amazing results.
Yield: 2 quart jars of sauce.
What you need.
3 dashes of red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoon butter (you can choose not to use it or use olive oil instead)
1 lb ground beef, 60% chuck, 40% brisket ( this is optional)
2 teaspoons of dried basil (1 teaspoon fresh)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 cans of tomato sauce (15 oz)
1-6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 can of diced tomatoes (15 ounce each)
1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 red bell pepper (minced)
1 yellow bell pepper (minced)
½ cup of minced onion.
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of onion powder
Total time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes.
- Put olive oil and butter on a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add meat as the butter melts and cook till the meat is barely pink.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic. Stir regularly and cook for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add the seasonings, tomato sauce tomato paste and diced potato and continue stirring.
- Add the parmesan and brown sugar as you continue stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer for at least 10 minutes. You can do it longer to have the flavours to combine better.
You are welcome.