Pancakes are most people’s favourite weekend breakfast. Make light pancakes with fluffy interiors and a great taste with these easy homemade pancake recipes.
Yield: 12 pancakes
What you need:
1 cup all- purpose flour
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Total time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl( dry ingredients)
- In another bowl mix milk, butter/oil and egg ( wet ingredients)
- Into the bowl having wet ingredients, add the contents of the bowl having dry ingredients and stir until moistened avoiding overmixing.
- Fold a sheet of paper towel in half and moisten it with vegetable oil’
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cautiously rub it with the sheet of paper towel moistened with oil.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto the frying pan for a single pancake and spread the batter making a round shape using the back of the spoon
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the pancake have some bubbles and some bursts on the upper side and flip with a spatula and let it cook till it turns brown on the other side, for 1 to 2 minutes too and remove it from the pan.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter, cover loosely with aluminium foil and keep warm in oven.