Biscuits are great for breakfast or mid-morning snacks. Learn how to make flaky and delicious biscuits at home using interesting easy-to –follow homemade biscuit recipes.
How to make Biscuits at home
Yield: 12 servings
What you need:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 11/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-2 cups milk
- 6-8 teaspoons shortening
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Sift the flour with salt. Add in shortening till mixture has coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and knead till the mixture follows fork around bowl.
- Press the dough on a floured board lightly. Knead gently and roll to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter or rim of glass.
5. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees and bake for 10 -15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Serve the cooled biscuits with your favourite beverage.