Imagine a combination of wonderful taste, aromatic smell and medicinal value; Chicken noodle soup has all these. Apart from the great taste, it is also known to be a remedy for cold and flu. Learn how to make this at home with Easy, healthy, homemade chicken noodle soup recipes.
Yield: 4 servings
What you need:
2 cups of cooked chicken (cubed).
2 cups of egg noodles (uncooked)
1 tablespoon of parsley flakes or chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon of pepper
5 ¼ cups of Progresso chicken broth
1 dried bay leaf
2 carrots (sliced)
8 green onions (sliced)
2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil.
Total time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Place oil in sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions and carrots to the saucepan, stir time to time and cook for 4 minutes
- Add the chicken, egg noodles, parsley flakes, pepper, chicken broth and the bay leaf to the source pan and stir.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce heat, cover it allowing it to simmer for 10 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Remove the bay leaf when the carrots and noodles are tender.