We’ve all become sensitive about food believed to be high in calories due to increased numbers of weight related health issues. Chicken is among food believed to have high calorie content. This however, depends on your recipe. There are countless easy healthy chicken recipes which not only gives you a delicious meal but also one with low calorie content. They can be either grilled, slow cooked or even baked. Let’s start with how to make chicken parsmesan with an easy healthy chicken recipe.
How To Make Delicious Chicken Parmesan
This is an italian dish that is made of bread crumb-coated chicken breasts baked with cheese and tomato sauce
What you need:
Yield : 4 servings, sauce yield : 3 cups
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 to 5 teaspoons olive oil
6 tablespoons dry Italian bread crumbs
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can crushed tomatoes, preferably organic
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Salt to taste
Total Time : 1hr
Prep : 20min
Cook : 40min
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended and the sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the basil.
- Preheat the oven at 425°
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the salt.
- Lightly beat the egg whites in a medium bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Spread the flour on another sheet of waxed paper.
- Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, dip both sides into the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip each piece into the egg whites, shaking off excess, and then press both sides into the breading to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken (in batches, if necessary) and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken, in 1 layer, to the baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, covered loosely with a tent of foil, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Done!! This is just one from a packed easy healthy chicken recipes gallery so, keep enjoying your favorite chicken.