Duck meat is not very common . It’s believed to be tough, explaining the reason why most people avoid it, unless on very specific occasions. The duck breasts are especially the parts believed to have the toughest meat, as they do most of duck’s work. However, it’s all in the mind there are interesting duck breast recipes that will leave your meat tender and help enjoy as you would wish.
Grilled Asian Duck Breast Recipe
Yield: 5-6 servings
What you need:
- 4 halved boneless duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon five-spiced powder
- Kosher salt
- A pinch 5-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 ketchup sauce
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Preheat grill. Pound the breasts to ¼ inch in diamond shape.
- Rub in the salt and the 5-spice powder.
- Mix the sauce ingredients.
- Place the duck breasts on the grill with the fattened side facing downwards. Grill for 10-15 minutes. Turn the other side and grill.
- Slice and serve ( best served with sauce)