Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, a quick dinner for a short notice visitor or maybe it’s just the two of you and you are sick of leftovers, we got a whole interesting collection of dinner recipes for two. The recipes are also a guide to help you perfectly portion the meals just for two.
Peanutty Quinoa Bowls with Baked Tofu
This is a perfect dinner recipe for two and Peanutty Quinoa Bowls with Baked Tofu is also a vegetarian equivalent of rotisserie chicken.
Yield: 2 servings
What you need:
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons lime juice-fresh
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 small seeded and diced, red bell pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 slices baked tofu
- ½ teaspoon. Ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- Cook the quinoa in water or broth as per package instructions.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook until its soft, 3 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add the broccoli to the pan with 4 teaspoons of water and steam for about 2 minutes then transfer the broccoli to the bowl where the pepper is.
- Whisk lime juice, sugar, ginger, water soy sauce and peanut butter in a bowl.
- Check if the quinoa is done and transfer it to the bowl where you put the vegetables and pour in the peanut sauce.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Divide the quinoa into two portions and top each with 2 slices of baked tofu and two teaspoons of chopped peanuts.