Whip up a simple delicious chicken dish in just a few minutes. Check out our chicken cordon bleu recipes for quick-fix yet finger-licking dishes.
Yield: 4 servings
What you need:
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halved (6-ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour 4 teaspoons Emeril’s Essence
- 4- ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or black forest ham
- 6 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 cup fine dried unseasoned breadcrumbs
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Place each chicken pie between sheets of plastic wrap and pound them into ¼ inch thickness.
- Place the 8 chicken pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread out the cheese evenly. Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese and top with the 4 remaining pieces. Tuck in any slice that extends over the edge.
- Secure the chicken pieces with toothpicks to form a sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 410 °
- Use a parchment paper to line the baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish place flour and add 2 teaspoons of essence. Separately mix eggs and milk with a fork. Place breadcrumbs in yet another dish and season with the remaining essence.
- Dip a sandwich in flour, then into the egg mixture, followed by breadcrumbs and transfer into a plate. Do this with all the sandwiches.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place the chicken sandwiches and cook till browned on both sides. (2-3minutes each).
- Place the sandwiches in a baking sheet. Put in oven.
- Cook until all cheese is melted and chicken is well cooked.
Remove toothpicks and serve while hot.