Yay! We are having chicken again! Chicken breasts are so tasty and when cooked the right way they will leave you salivating for more. I’m going to take you through one of the most interesting chicken breast recipes- a simple grilled chicken breast recipe.
Grilled Chicken Breasts
Yield: 4-5 servings
What you need:
2 crushed garlic cloves
4 halved chicken breasts skinless and boneless.
Black pepper which is freshly ground
¼ cup of vegetable oil
Total time – 55 minutes
Preparation –15 minutes
Cook – 45 minutes
1. Mix the crushed garlic with the vegetable oil in a small container. Use a fork to mix to help release the garlic flavor.
2. Season the garlic mixture using salt and black pepper to your preferred taste. Let the mixture sit for around 15 minutes.
3. While you wait rinse and dry the chicken breasts well. To make your chicken breasts uniform locates the ridge along the side and pound gently to even thickness. In case you find a sharp triangular tip cut it and discard it. Slice off any jagged edges.
4. Add salt and black pepper to the chicken and allow sitting for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
5. Now preheat the grill to hot.
6. Use the garlic infused with oil to brush the chicken breasts. Then place them on the pre-heated grill. Ensure that the thicker side is close to the hottest (normally the back) part of the grill.
7. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes undisturbed. Cook till char marks are seen.
8. Keep turning the chicken while ensuring the the thickest part of the chicken breasts is close to the hottest part of the grill.
9. Cook the chicken till when an instant read thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
10. Place the chicken tender on the grill and let to cook each side for 4-5 minutes.
11. Remove from the fire and allow the grilled chicken breasts to sit for approximately 5 minutes covered in aluminum foil before serving.
You can serve your grilled chicken breasts with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Easy right? A simple grilled chicken