Thinking of something simple, quick to fix or wallet friendly? What about a 5-ingredient meal? Yes, just 5-ingredients! And if you think you will compromise the quality these 5 –ingredient budget recipes will prove you wrong.
Mango, Beet and Jicama Slaw Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
What you need:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin oil
- 6 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and shredded
- 11/2 cups raw beets, peeled and shredded
- 1 mango peeled, cut into thin strips
Total time: 20 minutes
- Whisk vinegar, oil, ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Mix Jicama, mango and beet in another bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and toss gently. Make sure to combine well.
- ( serve immediately or refrigerate if you prefer it chilled)
There you go, simple, quick and delicious!